- Alton Natural Gas Storage Project Newsletter (September 2017)
- Alton Natural Gas Storage Project Newsletter (January 2017)
- Alton Natural Gas Storage Project Newsletter (July 2016)
Fact Sheets & Other Materials
- Explaining Natural Gas Storage (October 2017)
- Alton Factsheet for Sipekne’katik (May 2017)
- Alton Update - Construction at River and Cavern Sites (October 2016)
- Letter to Chief Copage and Community (September 2016)
- Open House Panels (January 2016)
- Open House Panels (March 2015)
- Shubenacadie Estuary Aquatic Species Fact Sheets (December 2015)
Monitoring on the Shubenacadie River estuary includes regular seine net surveys by researchers from Dalhousie University. This five-minute video explains how a seine net survey is conducted, and reviews the research findings to date, including the impact of cold summer weather on Striped bass growth.
Watch this segment of a 96 hour long scientific trial to learn more about fish research and environmental monitoring for the Alton Natural Gas Storage Project.
This five-minute video provides background on Alton and describes operations at the project with new animations. Included in the video is aerial footage of both the cavern and river sites for Alton, and information on scientific studies of the Shubenacadie River estuary. Highlighted are the safeguards in place to protect the river and fish.
Watch this profile of in-depth research on the Shubenacadie River estuary, featuring Dr. Jim Duston from Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Agriculture. The eight-minute video includes highlights of Dr. Duston’s extensive research, which builds science-based understanding of the estuary, and explores his findings to date. His research contributes to the comprehensive environmental monitoring for the Alton Natural Gas Storage Project.
The Alton Natural Gas Storage Project was pleased to support Canoe to the Sea 2016 in Nova Scotia. This video was taken by a drone that followed the paddlers during the fun marathon race and recreational paddle on the beautiful Shubenacadie River.
- Research, Monitoring and Environmental Protections on the Shubenacadie River Estuary July 2017 (updated September)
- Approval ESP Canada0001
- Alton river site monitoring plan Dec 10, 2015
- Spatial and temporal aquatic species monitoring Dec 9, 2015
Community Liaison Committee